Home Forums Family and Home Caregivers Section 117 – options for selling house

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • swhite56
    Post count: 1
    #16727 |


    my father in law is transferring to a care home under section 117 and has all his funded provided. He has dementia and is unlikely to improve. We have POA for him. He owns half the house, the rest is owned by his children equally. If we wanted to sell the house are there any gotchas? I understand half the proceeds of the house will have to go into some form of trust for him

    rather than sell are there any benefits to renting the property.

    thanks for any advice or pointers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.